It's no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations.
Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today's modern mom's and lifestyles whether you're a working mom, stay-at-home mom, single mom, and mothers of multiples, you will all benefit from the book's range of nursing advice, stories, and information.
Right from the beginning while preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy and identifying feeding cues to nursing positions and expressing / storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support book offers: 'Real-mum wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably' from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience that comes with breastfeeding.
The book also covers new insights into old approaches including:
- Latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions.
- Strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more.
- Reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
- Recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
- Helpful tips for building your support network-at home or when back at work
- Nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
- Guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
- Plus-Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive and what better way to do this than the womanly art of breastfeeding.